Monday 27th May 2024
×
Monday 27th May 2024
×
गृहपृष्ठNepalElephant electrocuted

Elephant electrocuted


SAPTARI – An elephant has been electrocuted in Amaha at ward no. 5 of Khadak municipality, Saptari this morning.

The electric fencing installed by the locals to ward off the wild elephants at night has led to the death of the tusker. The male elephant has died of electric shock, ranger of the Division Forest Office, Saptair, Laxman Safi confirmed.

The elephant that came into the village from the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve was electrocuted as it tried to enter the human settlement in the municipality, according to police inspector at the Area Police Office, Kadarbona Birendra Paswan.

Meanwhile, a team from the Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve office is arriving here to study the incident of the death of the elephant, Ranger Safi said. The locals in the area had been terrorized of late with wild elephants coming to the human settlements looking for food and ration.





Write your comments