Tuesday 16th April 2024
×
Tuesday 16th April 2024
×
गृहपृष्ठPoliticsFinance Minister says he has no idea about decision to provide money to disqualified former Maoist combatants

Finance Minister says he has no idea about decision to provide money to disqualified former Maoist combatants


KATHMANDU – Finance Minister Dr Prakash Sharan Mahat has said he has no idea about the decision to allocate amount from the State coffers to the disqualified ex-Maoist combatants.

The Finance Ministry so far takes no official decision to this regard, according to him. National Youth Association, Nepal today called on Finance Minister and submitted a seven-point memorandum citing the government decided to provide Rs 200 thousands each to ex-Maoist combatant who were assessed as disqualified during the peace process.

Receiving the memo, the Finance Minister said although the budget speech for the current fiscal year incorporated the issue of the management of disqualified people’s liberation army soldiers, the Ministry has not decided to provide them the amount.

“The issues of disqualified ex-Maoist combatant reached the court. The budget has also mentioned it. No decision has been taken over the matter since I assumed the office. I have no idea about the work procedure said to be endorsed by the Council of Ministers to proceed ahead on this matter.”

He took time to urge all not to doubt over the misappropriation of the State coffers by the government. “I urge all to not doubt that the government will misappropriate the state coffers in the name of disqualified combatants,” he said.

The Minister from the Nepali Congress shared with the delegation that the NC was also concerned on this matter. In the memo, the Association said, “Our serious attention has been drawn to the Working Procedure prepared by the Home Ministry and presented before the Council of Ministers on April 19 in a bid to provide Rs 200 thousand each to the disqualified Maoist combatants.”





Write your comments