KATHMANDU – The number of beneficiaries affected from Jajarkot earthquake has reached 79,599. It has increased by more than 12,000 in recent period.
According to the National Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Authority, the number of beneficiaries has reached 79,599 after local levels identified and sent the data of beneficiaries who remained to be identified.
Chief of Private Houses and Reconstruction Section of NRA, Chandra Prakash Adhikari, said earlier the number of beneficiaries was 67,000 and it reached 79,599 after identifying the additional number of beneficiaries till January 18.
The NRA earlier had estimated that the number of beneficiaries would reach 80,150, he added. The government has already allocated Rs 2.26 billion so far for the beneficiaries. The government had estimated Rs 4.75 billion for the construction of temporary houses.
Chief Executive Officer of NRA, Anil Pokharel, said the 50,000 beneficiaries have received Rs 1.26 billion so far. Similarly, 24,010 temporary houses have already been constructed and 10,000 houses are under construction, he added.
The rest of the families are in the phase of signing grant agreement. An earthquake measuring 6.4 in the Richter scale occurred on November 3 in Jajarkot, resulting in huge loss of lives and properties in Jajarkot and West Rukum.