KATHMANDU-The government has reimposed its ban on dining facilities and serving foods at tables by hotels, eateries and restaurants.
Making public the cabinet decisions on Tuesday, Minister for Finance and Communication and Information Technology, Yuba Raj Khatiwada, said that the government decided to restrict restaurants and hotels from offering dining and table services due to growing cases of COVID-19 in recent days.
However, the restaurants and hotels will be allowed to provide take-away services to their customers, according to Minister Khatiwada.
“We had decided to reopen hotel and restaurant businesses. Now, the government has decided to provide hotels and restaurants food takeaway services to their customers,” said Minister Khatiwada, who is also the government spokesperson.
Earlier on July 20, the government had decided to allow hotels and restaurants to resume their services. However, the cabinet meeting held on Monday decided to restrict them to provide only food takeaway services.
The decision to restrict hotels and restaurants to take away services comes in the wake of the rise in the COVID-19 cases in recent days.
“The government decided to allow only takeaway services as these places started to get crowded with people not wearing face masks by flouting health safety measures,” Minister Khatiwada added.